Member Since Jun 2018
1 hugs
given
PC PoohBah!
Default Sep 11, 2019 at 01:38 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by NP_Complete View Post
Sample marked passage:

How does he see me? I feel a bit like a bug under a magnifying glass. Also, surely I'm not the only reason he's reading this book. He's indicated before and outright said recently that I have more trauma than any of the other clients he's ever seen. I have a really, really hard time believing that. In 12 years? Seriously? I keep meaning to ask him about that statement, but it feels like a really uncomfortable thing to bring up on my own.
Well, somebody likely has to have that dubious honor. And why not you?

I don't find it hard to believe he might have chosen a book hoping it would help him help you. C's longtime therapist went and got trained in neurofeedback, invested in the whole setup with computers and everything, hoping to help her (because C just couldn't seem to tolerate any sort of talking about trauma). I do think they sometimes do that. Is it just for you? Well, it might be yes and no. C's longtime therapist always said she had learned so much about how to help other people from working with her. So you might be his primary concern when he undertakes something like reading a book, but I expect he hopes that the knowledge he gains will be something he can add to what he can offer other figurative people who might end up needing it, too.

Hugs from:
SlumberKitty

Thanks for this!
NP_Complete