Grand Magnate

Member Since Feb 2017
6,349 hugs
given
PC PoohBah!
Default Sep 11, 2019 at 02:43 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by LonesomeTonight View Post
It is difficult when T's compare you to other clients. Like ex-DrT saying how I think about therapy more than any of his other clients. How I use email differently than any of them. How I was the first (in >15 years) to request a transitional object. It made me feel like a weirdo. So I get it. I imagine your T is trying to be validating, to let you know he understands how much you're going through. But I also see how it could feel judgmental or like you're this special case. I'd talk to him about it.
I don't feel any ill feelings about him saying that, I just don't believe him. Although, I don't know why he would lie about it either. One thing he said recently made me think though. He said I've not had anyone recognize the things that were going on (speaking about my relationship) even me. I wonder if what he's defining as trauma is just, to me, stuff that happened that hurt. For example,
Possible trigger:
I guess I always viewed that incident as kind of "well, that happened". I didn't really process it. I remember being angry about it and the next day smashed the offending object on the sidewalk enough to bend the pointy end making it unusable and the new house rule was objects of this class were no longer allowed in the house. But really, that was quite scary. I'm pretty sure my therapist counts that as trauma. I'm not sure that I would have called it that before talking with him about it.

Hugs from:
Lonelyinmyheart, LonesomeTonight, SlumberKitty, WarmFuzzySocks