View Single Post
bellle

Member Since Sep 2019
Default Sep 12, 2019 at 07:51 AM

My daughter lost her husband to cancer after 10yrs of marriage at the age of 49 and left behind 3 children 2, 5 and 8yrs old. To say she was bereft is an understatement. We live a 5hr drive away which was difficult but for 4mths we spoke every day sometimes 2hrs a day and consoled and counselled as much as we could. She met a man a couple of months later and before we knew it he and his teenage son had moved in with her and they were going on holiday together. Our daughter was left with quite a lot of money so of course we became worried that after another 4mths he asked her to marry him and was referring to her home as theirs! He had a reputation for the ladies but had now decided to settle down,(with our daughter and her money), They went through a 'bad patch' which we didn't get involved in but she is now having bereavement counselling. She says she is happy but we are still very worried that she is just 'settling' for this man as she doesn't want to be on her own. They have been together for 2yrs now and are getting married in Mauritius next week. No doubt she will be paying for this too. He has only met us twice and has prejudged us by berating us to our daughter that we should have given up our jobs and home to move closer to her to look after her. My husband is furious with it all and won't speak to him. We obviously can't say too much but if my husband won't see him or talk to him how on earth are we going to get past this. Help
bellle is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote

Hugs from:
Anonymous46341, shelda

Thanks for this!
Skeezyks