View Single Post
Kathleen83

Kathleen83 has no updates.

10 yr Member
95 hugs
given
Default Sep 12, 2019 at 03:36 PM

Oh I so totally get ya on the rage thing. Sounds like you've got a good, supportive wife, who is willing and able to challenge you to push forward. What a gem! My thought is, with the children, that it is a blessing you are working on yourself while they are still so very young. If you can get a handle on things...there's lots of time to help build good memories for them, and show them how a stable, in control person can grow, and take charge, and change things. I can totally understand your wife's concerns, tho. Sometimes, I scare myself! And a lot of the info about BPD - yeah, terrifying. But the cool thing is, there is hope. There's specific therapy to target BPD. It's much better understood now, than it used to be. Something I'm trying to do myself, is to stop focusing on what BPD is, and how it makes me act, and focus on how to fix it. Haven't gone there with my counselor yet, but I've heard it's sometimes a good thing to involve our spouses into our process. Helps them understand what we're going to be doing, in therapy. Helps them learn how to deal with us (and not get away with the bad behavior.) Perhaps your wife will become more comfortable with your diagnosis, if she's included more in the process? Something to think about. I like your thread title, by the way - because it shows there's hope. BPD is ruining your marriage? Better than ruinED. There's hope it can get better, and it sounds like you've got the kind of wife who can make this journey with you. I'm similarly blessed. I wish you both well!

Major Depressive Disorder Moderate
Manic-Depressive Psychosis

Kathleen83 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote