View Single Post
rechu
Magnate

Member Since Apr 2016
1,037 hugs
given
PC PoohBah!
Default Sep 16, 2019 at 11:47 AM

Latest update. I got notice on Thursday that my insurer reduced my leave from 14 days to 5 days. They usually should ask for an assessment from one of their psychiatrists and a report from your doctor, not just reduce it without recourse.. So, I went to the government agency that handles appeals to submit one. Unfortunately, I couldn’t get a note from my doctor. It’s national holidays this week so a lot of people take vacation around this time. When I called his office last Thursday, they told me he was on vacation as of Wednesday. So, I probably won’t get the appeal approved.

I was told I would have to go back to work on Monday (today) so on Friday I went to the worker’s compensation clinic one town over (my town doesn’t have one). Again, my blood pressure was high and I had a panic attack in the collective taxi on the way over. The doctor agreed to start the intake process since I was very stressed and anxious and gave me another seven days, until the 23rd. Because of the holidays this week I can’t get into a psychiatrist’s evaluation until the 24th, so they said come in on the 23rd; not to work, and they will give me more time. The doctor was Venezuelan and gave me the time off before the receptionist made the appointment, so maybe he forgot it can be hard to get an appointment soon due to the holidays. I was given documents to give to work about all this. Luckily my husband dropped them off for me today.

I was doing some reading about toxic work environments. This article really hit home, especially the following points:
Ten Signs Your Workplace Is Toxic -- Whether You Know It Or Not

4. You can't bring up legitimate concerns with your manager. You already know what he or she will say if you protest a new policy or object to the fact that you're expected to work straight through another weekend. If you say anything, your manager will get mad and say "That's your personal problem! Figure it out."
You also can't go to HR with your complaints. They can't help you. Other people have tried going to HR with their issues and it only made their problems worse.

5. Corporate culture, trust, teamwork and collaboration are not topics anybody talks about in your workplace. They talk about targets, goals, production, errors, infractions, verbal warnings, written warnings, and the 'chain of command' instead.

6. You have no idea what your CEO's leadership philosophy is, if your CEO even has a leadership philosophy. All you know is that the managers you see every day lead through fear. Their management philosophy seems to be "I'll do whatever my boss wants me to do -- including mistreating and intimidating my employees."

7. There are sometimes meetings and training sessions called, but nobody speaks up at those meetings. The only time you or your coworkers tell the truth is when there are no managers around.

8. Nobody ever asks for your input. Once a year they send around a "confidential" employee engagement survey but nobody you know ever fills it out. How could they? If they told the truth about how they are treated, things would only get worse.

9. You've stopped expecting to be treated fairly at work. You've stopped expecting your manager to tell you the truth, because you've been lied to so many times before.
rechu is online now   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote

Hugs from:
Anonymous48672, Turtle_Rider

Thanks for this!
LilyMop