View Single Post
koolaidad
Newly Joined

Member Since Sep 2019
Default Sep 16, 2019 at 11:35 PM

Hello folks, new to this forum.

Quick background - was denied access upon separation, gained access through courts and fought my way into joint custody and equal parenting times with kiddo.

assessment was done and they found mom and child (aged 7 at the time) to be aligned, with child having rigid and negative views of me and extending into my extended family members and overly positive and unrealistic views of mom.

we started reintegration about 1 year after this recommendation. basically the therapy ended after their assessment phase because child indicated they loved me and so therapist thought everything okay.

I am seeing child is really preserved when in the presence of both her mom and I. Meaning, she is not willing to hug, and at doctor appointments, school meetings, etc, basically walks right next to mom, sits facing her with back facing me - me basically being the 3rd wheel or parent in background. When mom is not around or goes to take bathroom brakes, everything changes and child is clingy and able to show attachment and affection.

Is this preserverance something I should raise with the therapist? What's the best way to go about it ?
koolaidad is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote

Thanks for this!
Skeezyks