Thread: Motivation
View Single Post
WastingAsparagus
Student of Life

WastingAsparagus is trying to enjoy life.

10 yr Member
2,909 hugs
given
PC PoohBah!
Default Sep 27, 2019 at 04:21 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by puzzclar View Post
The timer idea is helpful. I have tried it. Thank you.

However, I'm really low now after a Pre-Practicum 1, and being told that I need additional help. I know some students say that getting a mentor is helpful but I feel that it is a punishment. WHY ?? I have had trouble with college before. I have two times that I was suspended for anxiety!! No, I'm not kidding. I don't even know if I can do this field or not. I have doubts now. I need a wake-up call or something. I'm scared!! What if the professor/mentor says I can't do this?!

I've been also putting in an application for disability services. I don't like this situation... I need time to adjust back to life after pre-practicum 1. oh and there is a second.
Something I like to remember is that it's possible to succeed in spite of mental health issues. I'm not trying to downplay anything you've said you're going through, but think about how much you've accomplished to this point in spite of everything. Also the other thing that struck me about this post was that people (I hope) are not trying to punish you for your anxiety. Disability services at my alma mater was helpful. I hope you can find your way.
WastingAsparagus is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote