sarahsweets
Threadtastic Postaholic

Member Since Dec 2018
192 hugs
given
PC PoohBah!
Default Oct 02, 2019 at 09:14 AM

Hey @lillib
There is a support group that is based on some of the AA principles and it looks like the only face to face meeting in ID is in Caldwell but this link as info about the internet groups and meetings.
https://nicotine-anonymous.org/find-a-meeting.html

Quote:
Originally Posted by lillib View Post
I'm a veteran. I'm new here. I also have PTSD (for military sexual trauma), chronic fatigue syndrome, and other conditions. I've tried to quit smoking a few times with the patch, and each time I'll quit for about a month (sometimes only a week), and then some stressful event would put me back into smoking mode.

I want to be a non-smoker. I want it to stick for good next time.

But how?

I am now waiting to get an appointment with my primary care doctor to ask for the patches again, and to see if they offer a support group for smoking cessation. Before I can do anything else, I want to be smoke free for at least 3 months to know that I've kicked the habit, but I'm not sure if that's even realistic. 1 month isn't enough for me to return to stressful conditions.

I used smoking to self-medicate from panic attacks and anxiety. I'm afraid of getting the panic attacks back when under duress. Typically, when I've quit smoking, I've avoided all triggers and had a relatively calm space - mostly alone in my home.

But now, I'm curious about learning how to quit when under some stress.

Do any of you have any tips?

President of the no F's given society.
sarahsweets is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote

Hugs from:
Anonymous42119