View Single Post
Skeezyks
Disreputable Old Troll

Member Since Oct 2015
17.4k hugs
given
PC PoohBah!
Smile Oct 02, 2019 at 02:08 PM

Hello Plavins: I see you are actually a 2 year member here on PC although this is your first post. So... a belated welcome to Psych Central.

I wish I knew what to tell you about your situation. I don't. Perhaps other PC members will have some suggestions. You wrote you've tried to help your father. My perspective would be you can't help him. Only he can help himself & clearly he's not going to.

The logical thing to do in this situation might be to simply go "no contact". But it sounds as though this would be difficult because you feel you have other family responsibilities you must fulfill. (Also I presume, since you're in Latvia, your circumstances are different than they would be for those of us living in the U.S.) So, unless you can figure out a way to stay out of the garage, I don't know what the solution might be.

Since you're a 2 year member, perhaps you're already familiar with the articles in PC's archives. However, just in case not, here are links to 6 articles that may be of interest:

Stop Trying to Change People Who Don't Want to Change | Happily Imperfect

Dysfunctional Family Dynamics: Don't Talk, Don't Trust, Don't Feel | Happily Imperfect

How to Set Adult Boundaries with Narcissistic Parents | The Exhausted Woman

11 Ways to Set Boundaries with Narcissists | Narcissism Decoded

12 Survival Tips for Living with a Narcissist | The Exhausted Woman

https://psychcentral.com/blog/how-to...sistic-parent/

I hope you find being active here on PC to be of benefit.

"I may be older but I am not wise / I'm still a child's grown-up disguise / and I never can tell you what you want to know / You will find out as you go." (from: "A Nightengale's Lullaby" - Julie Last)
Skeezyks is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote

Hugs from:
Anonymous42119