View Single Post
simplex

Member Since Sep 2019
51 hugs
given
Default Oct 02, 2019 at 04:05 PM

Plavins1,

Thank you for posting, my heart does go out to you because you are in a very hard situation. Also you are very strong for what you have been going through and reaching out for help is another sign of strength.
I'm sorry too, to hear that your father was doing well (5 months) and then went back to his old ways. It can be, heartbreaking to witness, especially repeatedly. I really don't have a strong enough word for it. It is hard.

Skeezy has good links up there to read that may give you some perspective on your situation.

I can empathize with you. I have experienced what you describe myself and with my own mother when I was younger. It was up until I was about 18 I was able to leave (34 now). I went into alcohol, and the addiction of it myself
and managed to stop at 30. I was convinced I was my father. It was only two years after his passing that I made the decision to stop for myself and seek treatment.

My advice to you is to remember that you have to do what's best for yourself and the life you want to have, that includes your gf and other siblings. Right now that may seem almost impossible. But know that you're strong and you have lots of courage, having made it this far already. The best thing you can do is put some kind of distance between you and your father for your own sake. We get torn, we want to help them with everything that we have, but we just cannot.

For your grandmother, if it is possible could you find someone to check in on her? Maybe come up with something with your siblings where you rotate who checks on her and get on a schedule? One eventual step would be for you to get out of the garage with your father. That could help you do that. Wishing you the best from here in the USA. You can do it
simplex is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote

Hugs from:
Anonymous42119