Wise Elder

Member Since Mar 2009
885 hugs
given
PC PoohBah!
Default Oct 03, 2019 at 09:33 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by luvjosh07 View Post
Ive been taking more of my PRN klonopin and it worries me. I try to take 0.25 mg and it just doesn’t help. So I was wondering what is the lowest effective dose for you?
the thing is medications are not this thing where the same dose works for everyone as the lowest effective dose...

treatment providers look at many different things like what a persons own symptoms are, what their own history is of taking meds, what their history is for dosage of meds in the same medication category, then they start a person on a particular medication. the next appointment they check in with the person to find out what their problems and improvements are with taking that meds. then adjustments happen (increase dosage/ lower the dosage/ change to a different medication...what ever the treatment provider thinks will improve things) then a few more weeks goes by of the person taking the meds as prescribed. at the next appointment the prescriber asks more questions, finds out whats going on with taking the meds and again makes adjustments.....

sometimes this process of finding the right medication and right dosage takes only a few changes and time and other times it can take many years to finally find the right medication or medication combination and dosages.

example my lowest effective dose of medication is higher than my wifes with the same medication for our depressions, why because I have more symptoms / problems and health issues / and a different history of side effects for this medication group than my wife does. we in fact weight the same and are the same height give or take a mini inch as my children say.

my point is Im not going to list numbers for things like weights, heights or dosages simply because that tends to lead people to compare their selves to others and make each other feel something is wrong if they weight more or less, are not as tall or taller or their dosages are more or less than another on forums. in other words it could activate someones mental disorder symptoms not help them if I were to post numbers and what have you.

but what I can say is keep working with your treatment providers and with your help they will be able to figure out with you what …………..your own...…….. lowest effective dose is, and help you to be more stable.
amandalouise is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote