View Single Post
Blue_Bird
Legendary Wise Elder

Member Since Jun 2013
14.3k hugs
given
PC PoohBah!
Default Oct 03, 2019 at 02:17 PM

I wouldn't say I've completely overcome bulimia just yet, I'm at 6 months of a serious attempt at recovery right now and haven't binged or purged this entire time but I still struggle with weight obsession sometimes.

I think the biggest thing that helps me is finding something that matters more to me than food and weight. For myself that's my faith. I'm learning to be okay in the moment and to be happy with my life as it is, that doesn't mean it's perfect but feeling more content has helped me lessen my desire to binge. I listen to my body and eat when I'm hungry and stop when I'm actually full. I don't do diets anymore because restricting myself and obsessing always ends up backfiring. But at the same time I don't give myself free reign to binge. I eat foods that are healthy and allow foods that I crave, but in normal quantities. I just try to keep things balanced

I try to keep an eye on my weight due to medication side effects but I keep myself from stepping on the scale multiple times a day and obsessing over it, I put the scale in my closet I don't use and shut the door, then just weight myself every week or two.

R.I.P mom 8/6/55-1/15/16

“All the darkness in the world cannot extinguish the light of a single candle.” -St. Francis of Assisi
Blue_Bird is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote