View Single Post
turqoiseSunshine

Member Since Sep 2019
Default Oct 03, 2019 at 05:26 PM

I have a number of diagnoses and one issue I've dealt with for at least 3 years is chronic nightmares every night and night terrors occasionally too. My doctor recommended treatment for PTSD thinking that trauma may be causing them although the themes of the nightmares aren't closely tied to the traumatic things in my life. Anyways, I tried prolonged exposure therapy about 2.5 years ago and it didn't affect the nightmares but didn't seem to harm me (other than lost time and money). Then, I tried EMDR the previous summer and it was horribly distressing and my other issues got way worse. Later, it I found out that it was possible that the nightmares could be a medication side effect, and even two months after being completely off that medication the nightmares haven't changed a bit. I may try the medication Prazosin again (but I tried it a couple of years ago with no results).

Has anyone found anything that helps their nightmares? I really don't want to face another night of this, not to mention years more.
turqoiseSunshine is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote

Thanks for this!
Skeezyks