View Single Post
jrae
Grand Member

Member Since Jun 2008
410 hugs
given
PC PoohBah!
Attention Oct 06, 2019 at 11:38 PM

okay, so the one person I could've shared this with is dead now - so i'll put it on here (don't know what else to do).

**trigger warning**

today, I almost t-boned this car in an intersection! it was about 50 minutes before sunset and I HAD my lights on (don't think they did) - going on the main road thru the city and the idiot pulled out right in front of me!! I have no clue why they pulled out (the cross-street had a stop-sign) or if they even saw me at all. all I know is that if I hadn't of slammed on the breaks, I would've ran right into them!!! (I couldn't even tell you if they were going straight thru the intersection or trying to make a left turn) the speed limit inside city limits was 35mph, which I was going, so it wouldn't have been a major wreck but still one nonetheless.

I already have tons of ptsd from 3 previous MVAs (one 'accident', one 'fender-bender', and one major crash)! last year in November, I almost slid into the other lane on a 2-lane highway, which might have been a head-on collision -> that put my ptsd thru the roof and I could barely drive in snowy/icy conditions and roads the rest of the winter! and now after this 'near miss', I'm horrified what it is going to do to me! I mean, afterwards I still had like 45-minutes of driving before I got back home. and it took that entire time (almost an hour) for the tingling in my face to stop!!! for a while, half of my head was tingling and I was breathing somewhat heavy!

I live alone and am single, so I have to be able to drive myself. and up until the past few years, I loved driving. now it seems like I'm almost haunted by these 'incidences'. my two wrecks I never saw coming (loss of conscientious helps too), but last year's and now this one, it's like the image is burned into my mind. and I'm a visual person mind you

and to top it off, today's date is actually the anniversary of my crash (four years now)
jrae is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote

Hugs from:
Anonymous42119, bpcyclist, Buffy01, Lilly2, Lilwren, Open Eyes

Thanks for this!
Buffy01