View Single Post
Open Eyes
Legendary Wise Elder

Member Since Mar 2011
21.3k hugs
given
PC PoohBah!
Default Oct 07, 2019 at 11:58 AM

I sympathize with you jrae, I had been in a car accident myself years ago when I was on a main route and there was a big truck parked in the lane I was traveling and I was not even going fast. He had no lights on and I thought he was moving and as I got closer I realized he was not moving and I stepped on the brakes but because it had rained my car did not stop and it was like slow motion where I saw the front of my car hit the truck and slowly crinkle up and the force of it threw me forward and into the windshield. We think we can hold onto the steering wheel but the force is much too strong for that and I was NOT going fast and really thought I was going to stop in time and not hit him. Yet, because it had rained my car kept moving like it was on ice, nothing I could do.

I have to drive a lot for my business and I have to pull a horse trailer with a pony in it and always have to consider how my adorable sweet pony is standing in that trailer and is trusting how I drive without stopping short or making tight turns etc. Unfortunately, other drivers can be so disrespectful and cut me off , doesn't matter what lane I travel in either. The other weekend I was out driving to a job I was on a main street and this old woman dressed in black was suddenly in the road in front of me walking across the road with her walker and I almost hit her because she was not crossing the street where people are supposed to cross and I did not see her right away because the road is black and she was dressed in black. I got very badly triggered.

I tend to experience anxiety when I drive and because I often have to do so much driving when I do different jobs I am literally EXAUSTED when I finish my day, or weekend. People don't GET what it's like for me either.

Sorry you got so badly triggered, I would be badly triggered myself if I experienced what you are describing.
Open Eyes is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote

Hugs from:
Anonymous42119, jrae, Lilly2

Thanks for this!
jrae