View Single Post
bpcyclist
Legendary

Member Since Sep 2019
40.2k hugs
given
PC PoohBah!
Default Oct 07, 2019 at 01:02 PM

I am sorry you are struggling. I have never lived in Argentina, so I do not know much about the economy or work situation there. And I know nothing about mental health care there. Sorry about that. That said, the concept of what you are talking applies in any country, really. How do you plan for a future when you have a severe mental illness? One is, what is your eligibility for any kind of state-sponsored disability program? Two is, have you ever purchased disability insurance yourself in the past? Could you purchase it now? No idea about the insurance market there. Second is, if you want to cut free from your parents, you are going to have to add up all your sources of income and measure that against your expenses. Does it pencil out? If not, then you are going to have to find some more income somehow.

Maybe this is more a long-term thing. For example, what if you sped up your graduate studies program? What is your potential income then? Maybe that should be a goal, to try to get your degree as soon as possible and then get the best job available.

It is hard to plan for these things but in the end, it is just economics 101: what's your total income, what are your total expenses. You have to be totally honest and realistic about these things. Then, you can get a plan.

Thanks for this!
Anonymous45127, WastingAsparagus