View Single Post
Anonymous42119

Default Oct 08, 2019 at 02:57 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by sarahsweets View Post
Hey @lillib

How to Be a Good Writer
I am an English Lit graduate and if you need an opinion or something and you want to pm me feel free. I often help people with their school work and papers. I am not an official tutor but I should be. I googled something and found this link but I havent read it yet because I am on my way to the shower. I hope it helps I just wanted to write a quick reply.

@sarahsweets

You actually can be an official tutor and get paid for it. I'm not sure if there are companies out there. I once volunteered for an Immigration-based Company to help Asian Immigrants learn the English language, though I only got trained for a few hours (received a certificate) and tutored (for free) at the 0 to 1 level of English (I taught adult immigrants the ABC's and writing simple sentences, without knowing their language at all).

Anyway, you're more advanced than that, but there are organizations that would pay you, or there are ways for you to start your own tutoring business, I think. I have no idea how that would work, but if you know English really well, I'm sure you'd make a great tutor!

Maybe community colleges might consider hiring you part-time for their English/Communications departments. Maybe your former professors can make suggestions as well - at the University level.

--These are just thoughts for consideration.
  Reply With QuoteReply With Quote