View Single Post
Anonymous42119

Default Oct 08, 2019 at 03:04 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by HappyCrafter View Post
When I first wanted to write, I had no idea how much was involved in writing.

And with all due respect to my friends here, if you want to be better at something, you need to actually practice.

If you want to start jogging, where do you start? Or better your cooking skills? Reliable recipes, yes, but you need to do the recipes live in your kitchen. So, yes, reading quality writing is important, but so is actually writing.

Also, you'll need feedback from experienced writers and there are OODLES of writing communities online.

Here's a link for you to see:
Top Websites for Writers: 10 Online Writing Communities | Writer's Digest

Have fun!!
@HappyCrafter - Thank you for the link! You're right! I need to practice. The problem is, when I practice, I'm way too verbose. So, I need to practice and get feedback.

I get writer's block or maybe writer's anxiety so easily. I don't procrastinate, but I tend to throw every idea I can think of out there so that I don't forget it (or so that I don't dissociate and forget it), but then it becomes so much that I need to tighten, condense, omit, and reword. It takes a lot out of me to write an essay, but I really love to do it. I just don't have all the skills yet to do it faster. My energy also gets depleted easily.

I'll check out the website referral.
  Reply With QuoteReply With Quote

Hugs from:
happysobercrafter

Thanks for this!
happysobercrafter