View Single Post
Llamo55

Member Since Oct 2019
5 hugs
given
Default Oct 09, 2019 at 12:25 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wildeve View Post
You don't have to love your parents. Just because one of your father's sperms fertilized one of your mother's eggs which nine months later became you doesn't mean you have to love them or like them. It doesn't make them your family either. You decide who your family is, and it has nothing to do with biological origins.

Stop feeling obligation toward them, especially since they make you feel so bad. Maybe stop visiting them and stop allowing them to visit you and just communicate via e-mail from now on, or if what you really want is to have them out of your life for good, then do it. You owe them NOTHING.
I haven't seen or spoken to my parents for years. I would eventually start talking again for a short time but I'd get sucked back into the negative feeling like I'm a loser and a fami!y embarrassment of they would constantly talk about my brother, and how he was killing it i.e. Money, job, professional standing, etc. I'm glad he .com g well but my parents did it to reinforce my place. So I finally figured out FORGET THEM and stopped communicating.