View Single Post
Sarah1515
Newly Joined

Member Since Oct 2019
Default Oct 09, 2019 at 02:54 AM

I beg to ask for your help for my best friend who has Asperger syndrome and is living outside US with a personal interest in maths. He suffered from what was diagnosed as persecutory delusions+Asperger , and have been stable for 4 years now and completely normal but on every conversation i understand his suffering that he can't think due to medication,for the last year he has been on Abilify 5 mg.His illness can be summarized in the following document he had written for his psychiatrist he sent me this morning :
The disease appeared gradually, here are its key steps:
Phase 1: It started with reference ideas that make delusion adhere like cement: brick by brick. It is only a world where the impossible becomes possible progressively by projecting my dreams and fantasies in it, forcing it to agree with reality that contradicts it objectively.

Phase 2: It was followed by a depressive period: I spent all my day lying almost never going out, I remember a detail perhaps insignificant, is that I found my shoes too heavy to walk with them. It was in this phase that I was building a new mental referential with its characters and logical mechanisms all in complete isolation in my dorm room having lost all my friends, because I was no longer attending classes.
Phase 3: The ideas of persecution came only after the depressive phase and are a prediction in this delusional system of the reaction of others of my actions or things that I said in discussions with people on private conversations, perhaps, it is a defense mechanism against an imagined danger.
Questions:
-Has anybody stopped Abilify 5 mg ?
-On what time scale ?
-How did you manage your new life without medication ?
Sarah1515 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote

Thanks for this!
Skeezyks