Magnate

Member Since Mar 2017
692 hugs
given
PC PoohBah!
Default Oct 09, 2019 at 03:04 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rive1976 View Post
So I have a DID diagnosis from a LCSW, a Psychiatric NP, a medical doctor and a Psychologist. It is officially on all my records. The main reason I doubt my diagnosis is because I do not have communication. It has been six months since I received my DID diagnosis and 16 years since receiving my DDNOS diagnosis and I have yet to get any communication between my alters and me and they do not communicate between each other. I tried to get in touch with one of my alters Cotia. When I went to therapy yesterday my therapist had playdoh and suggested we play. Someone piped up when they saw the playdoh and said I dont want Cotia to come out. I tried to see who said that but no one let me know. Do I tell my therapist this? Why don't I have communication after 6 months of being aware that people spoke to me in my head. It is making me doubt my diagnosis. Even a diagnosis of any type of Dissociative Disorder whether it be DID, OSDD, etc.
It's so hard. Denial could be said to be built into the very structure of DID, so the fact that you deny and don't believe doesn't mean that it didn't happen. It's annoying as heck, because that doesn't help you know "the truth". You could deny it and it not be real, or you could deny it and that denial be a very real part of true DID.

I know, I know. That doesn't help at all. Trust me - I know!
Amyjay is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote

Hugs from:
Anonymous42119, Lilly2

Thanks for this!
kbonnieboo, Lilly2, Rive1976