Thread: 89
View Single Post
Anonymous42119

Default Oct 09, 2019 at 04:52 PM

My only concern when I was taking the Sanity test was that of dissociation versus psychosis (e.g., hearing voices).

I declined to admit hearing voices on the test, which I'm sure would have meant something different to researchers looking for psychosis. Apparently, I shouldn't be taking the test if I am already accustomed to working in research as a research assistant, but I did try to answer the question with as much integrity as I could. It's hard, however, when I know that I hear internalized voices from alternate personalities, and whether or not to answer in the affirmative on questions regarding voices because there appears to be a difference (or maybe even an overlap) between psychosis (hearing voices externally) and dissociation (hearing voices internally). Or, perhaps psychosis involves either/or, where voices could be heard internally or externally - for that, I don't know.

Also, are there any domains about dissociation on this test?

What about fluctuating integration, or not fully integrated dissociators who fluctuate daily from dissociation to non-dissociation?

Perhaps the test doesn't measure dissociation at all, which is okay. It's just hard for me to figure out how to answer questions about hearing voices when I consider today or the last week only, or when I consider what they are asking for. I was so used to denying this question for years, so please forgive me. But I'd rather be honest now so that whomever is analyzing the data will know that maybe I'm not the only one with this condition who answers similarly (or maybe even differently) on tests that ask questions about hearing voices.

I just wanted to post this somewhere.

I would retake the test, but I'm not sure if that's allowed. I'd also rather wait a little while to retake the test, so that I forget what was asked on the test before retaking it.
  Reply With QuoteReply With Quote