Member Since Mar 2017
692 hugs
given
PC PoohBah!
Default Oct 09, 2019 at 09:42 PM

[QUOTE=Rive1976;6651393]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Amyjay View Post
It's so hard. Denial could be said to be built into the very structure of DID, so the fact that you deny and don't believe doesn't mean that it didn't happen. It's annoying as heck, because that doesn't help you know "the truth". You could deny it and it not be real, or you could deny it and that denial be a very real part of true DID.

I know, I know. That doesn't help at all. Trust me - I know![/QUOTE

^^^^^^^Yes! All of this and thatd why I dint know what to do. Do I quit therapy? Keep going to therapy? How do I deal with the fact I can't have absolute proof. I've always been big on that.
Unfortunately DID denial doesn't stop just because of proof. We have a few alters who can attest to that.
The only way I have found to successfully deal with not knowing is just going with whatever comes up. Radical acceptance of one's own inner experience, whether what is remembered is actual truth or not. All we can really deal with is What Is... meaning whatever we experience in the here and now. There seems to be no point ignoring or denying what you feel and see and hear, because what you feel and see and hear is your only experience of the reality around and within you.
From experience, I have realized that when I accept what I see and feel and hear (including my experience of my alters) then I have power to change things. When I deny and ignore I am powerless.
That is all I've got.
Amyjay is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote

Hugs from:
Anonymous42119, Lilly2

Thanks for this!
Lilly2, Rive1976