Community Liaison

Member Since Jul 2011
12.7k hugs
given
PC PoohBah!
Default Oct 09, 2019 at 10:06 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by yellow_fleurs View Post
Visited family this past weekend and it was rough to see my grandmother so unhappy and feeling so miserable in the nursing home. Last night when I went to bed I just thought of her being alone in the nursing home and it made me cry. The trip itself took a lot out of me between the busy airports/flight anxiety, lack of sleep and running around, but I am glad I went. Now I am paying for it, though, and feeling very jittery, distracted, anxious, at work and having a lot of negative thoughts towards myself. I guess this is my new norm, any small thing will set me off and I'll feel terrible afterwards haha. Trying to stay positive anyways.

I am behind on everything, but hope everyone is doing well.

I’m sorry your in Such pain, it’s understandable. I have worked in nursing homes and it’s so hard on the patient having to accept being there and family coming that are so very sad for them. I’m sure she loved seeing you. Maybe you could start calling her often or send a card or a letter , something she could look forward too ?? Would probably help you also.

Be kind to yourself

Hugs from:
bizi, Sunflower123

Thanks for this!
fern46