View Single Post
beauflow
-------no titles please--

Member Since Jul 2011
15.1k hugs
given
PC PoohBah!
Default Oct 09, 2019 at 10:59 PM

adidasqueen2023, notice this is your first post and want to say welcome to PC, hope you find support here and benefits .

I am sorry that you have had struggles and am glad to read your taking steps to be introspective and seeking help .. that isn't always easy kudos for doing it.

Borderline Personality Disorder has a bad stigma, as many many other mental health labels, so it's understandable to be scared to bring up such a heavy discussion with a professional.. however hopefully your therapist is a professional and they probably are. This meaning- You are seeking their services and their services are about helping you out with your struggles and concern.
I would like to believe they are open to exploring your wonder on BPD (borderline personality disorder) to assist you, to be the best you and to help you realize your worth

In truth, borderline traits are of many, and you touched on some key identifiers, a professional could help you with diagnosis, as there many factors with diagnosing mental health.
Also many disorders "blend" in with each other or in some cases comorbid diagnoses could be ((meaning more than one))... and some times humans don't have a disorder but are in need of guidance on how to handle some stressors that pop up in *life *, for each individual ; and that's ok too, mental health and wellness *is* important for everyone.

I would encourage you to talk with your therapist on your wonder, as they should be able to help you with identifying struggling points and tips on how to over come them and cope better.

However, I know with my own journey, that isn't always an absolute for each therapist/professional and individual (("I am a difficult one" or they just weren't the right fit for me)). But I am a strong believer we each can take away aspects from every experience and encounter.

While I am not a guru on DBT or CBT they may be types of therapies you may want to explore, the DBT for some helps out so much with regulation of mood and thoughts and behaviors and was designed for BPD from my understanding.

I hope that's been some help.

I can relate with being afraid to telling a professional everything, because... some of my own thoughts and feelings scare me, along with relatives that have done some very impulsive things ... but over time I have found it beneficial to bring up concerns,
Possible trigger:
.. because I dont do the action and one t really helped me out with identifying why I get those thoughts and feelings, which has helped a lot along the way.... just wanted to share that because it's a heavy topic, and yet the courage to bring it up helped out for the best.

Last edited by beauflow; Oct 09, 2019 at 11:02 PM.. Reason: Apologizes, I probably missed words and used incorrect English, ** on some edits, apologizes
beauflow is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote

Hugs from:
simplex

Thanks for this!
Lilfae, simplex