splitimage
Community Support Team

Member Since Mar 2006
75 hugs
given
PC PoohBah!
Default Oct 14, 2019 at 07:27 AM

@HappyCrafter

I'm doing ok thanks. I'm coming up on a year sober in a week, which I'm really happy about. I'm having some meds challenges as I'm tapering off one of my meds, but I really want to be off it, so it's worth sticking out the side effects.

Re knitting - I love knitting accessories, fingerless mitts are my favourite, scarves, cowls, hats, and lace shawls which are a lot harder but I love. I've also subscribed to a knit an afghan club and every month I get the yarn and patterns for 3 new stitches to make 3 blocks which will eventually be knit together to make an afghan. I love using multicoloured yarn, and really bright colours, it just makes me feel happy.

On the harp, I'm kind of starting over at the beginning at the moment, focussing on technique until I build up some strength in my fingers. My favourite music to play is celtic and Latin American. They're very different from each other, but I like the challenge of the different styles. I'm lucky, I have a great teacher, who is only charging me a tiny portion of her normal fee, for lessons.

splitimage

"I danced in the morning when the world was begun. I danced in the moon and the stars and the sun". From my favourite hymn.

"If you see the wonder in a fairy tale, you can take the future even if you fail." Abba

splitimage is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote

Hugs from:
IrisBloom, unaluna

Thanks for this!
unaluna