5 yr Member
9,930 hugs
given
PC PoohBah!
Default Oct 14, 2019 at 08:20 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by splitimage View Post
@HappyCrafter

I'm doing ok thanks. I'm coming up on a year sober in a week, which I'm really happy about. I'm having some meds challenges as I'm tapering off one of my meds, but I really want to be off it, so it's worth sticking out the side effects.

Re knitting - I love knitting accessories, fingerless mitts are my favourite, scarves, cowls, hats, and lace shawls which are a lot harder but I love. I've also subscribed to a knit an afghan club and every month I get the yarn and patterns for 3 new stitches to make 3 blocks which will eventually be knit together to make an afghan. I love using multicoloured yarn, and really bright colours, it just makes me feel happy.

On the harp, I'm kind of starting over at the beginning at the moment, focussing on technique until I build up some strength in my fingers. My favourite music to play is celtic and Latin American. They're very different from each other, but I like the challenge of the different styles. I'm lucky, I have a great teacher, who is only charging me a tiny portion of her normal fee, for lessons.

splitimage
@splitimage

When is your year? OMG!! That's HUGE! Congratulations!!! I have an anniversary coming up next month; I can appreciate the work it takes to stop using.

Ohhhhhhh, LACE!! I have seen some knitted and crocheted lace. It makes me drool!

Latin music on the harp? Which styles, please? Can't say I have heard Latin music on a harp!! Your teacher sounds like a dream too. Well, I am headed to youtube to search for Latin music on the harp! I am serious! I am not making fun of you, I am curious now!! xoxoxoxox

"Love you.
Take care of you.

Be true to you.

You are the only you,
you will ever know the best.

Reach for YOUR stars.

You can reach them better
than anyone else ever can."

Landon Clary Eason
Grateful Sobriety Fangirl Since 11-16-2007

Happy Sober Crafter
happysobercrafter is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote