View Single Post
rechu
Magnate

Member Since Apr 2016
1,037 hugs
given
PC PoohBah!
Default Oct 15, 2019 at 11:31 AM

Well, that didn't go well. As expected my claim was found not to be work related. BS, but what can you do? I am quite sure that my co-workers had pressure from my boss not to say anything negative. I mean she wouldn't have access to their statements, but she may have threatened to fire people if the decisión came out in my favor. Threatening people is her M.O,. after all.

I can appeal, but I am not sure I want to. I'd need new evidence. The only possibility is to get something from the pdoc I saw in the ER and later in my office. However, when he extended my leave he said I should try and negotiate an exit with severance, which was something I did not feel emotionally strong enough to do. So, I am not sure if he'd help me continue this.

bpcyclist - I have tried some breathing techniques, but they don't seem to help that much. Talking to my husband can sometimes calm me down, but he'll be working, so I can't necesarily get in touch with him. All my friends work, so I don't really have anyone that can go with me and I'm not sure if they'll be allowed in the meeting.

At least they told me yesterday that while the workers' comp insurer won't be paying my leave for the time since I've been with them, they submitted the request to my regular insurance. Apparently, they will sometimes reject the first attempt, but the insurance regulator approves it on appeal.

Ugh, so I go back to work tomorrow. I dropped off the paperwork about this yesterday. So far no one has contacted me, but I haven't looked at my work email. All I want is to be fired with the least drama posible and to get paid what I am owed.

And, Blanche, thanks for the picture idea. I will bring a picture of my dog Helmut.

Last edited by rechu; Oct 15, 2019 at 11:39 AM.. Reason: Added text
rechu is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote

Hugs from:
SlumberKitty

Thanks for this!
LilyMop