View Single Post
Anonymous42019
Magnate

Anonymous42019 VOID

3 yr Member
3,106 hugs
given
Default Oct 15, 2019 at 12:55 PM

Last year when I was a hspital doctor I had a patient with Type 2 diabetes and his blood glucose had been so high that it caused him recurrent cellulitis, and sometimes sepsis so dangerous that he nearly died had it not been for IV antibiotics and a very gifted macrobiologist

And then after quite some conversation with him that I discovered his diabetes healthcare clinician had failed to warn him of his negligence to factor in his carbohydrate consumption. All he was told was to watch his sugars. "Sugars, sugars, sugars". Little wonder why his blood glucose had attracted even sepsis!

I tressed that he MUST give up all sugars, including chocolate. Thankfully he was so frightened of returning to hospital that the scare enabled him to be so strong willed enough to give up chocolate and all sweet things. And it can be done, because that patient had the courage to.

He kept a food and blood glucose diary, along with his medicines which he filled in every day. He's been cellulitis-free for 5 months now; I am so proud of him.

There are sweeteners such as candarel which contains sucralose. Sprinkled on porridge oats (cooked) for breakfast, this particular sweetener emulates the taste of sugar, yet, 1 teaspoon of it (0.5g) contains just 2 calories - instead of 1 teaspoon (4g) of sugar per teaspoon yielding 16 calories.

Glucose from sugars in the blood literally adhere to red blood cells which in turn attract bacteria: hence recurrent cellulitis! I urge anyone who has sweet cravings to cut down on their sugars, especially those with Type 2 diabetes. And type 1, which hardly goes without saying.
Anonymous42019 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote

Thanks for this!
Discombobulated, Marylin, possum220