View Single Post
RedwingedBlackBird

Member Since Oct 2019
5 hugs
given
Default Oct 17, 2019 at 02:03 AM

Hello Happy Crafter
Firstly, I am intrigued by your name, please share what you love to craft.

I have both amnesia and chronic fatigue.

Amnesia: I can only remember small fragments of my life before the age of 10. Everything is just lost to me. I can't even remember friends' names, kids I had gone to school and grown up with for several years. I remember nearly nothing. I can remember a lot after the age of 10 but even so, not nearly as much as others seem to. I have not tried to recover the lost memories and I don't know if I will ever be ready to try to work on them. I did EMDR for about 8 months and during that time a lot of stuff I had forgotten came up, all of them bad memories: traumas, and it was incredibly difficult. That was nearly 2 years ago and I am still processing the stuff that came to the surface. I am scared that whenever I enter a new healthy phase in my life, like rach a new step, my psyche feels safe enough to let some memories rise to the surface. This is really destructive and wreaks havoc on my mental and physical health. Then I process it, move on, and the whole cycle starts again. Still, I think the EMDR helped and I do not regret it.

Fatigue: I am tired every day, all the time. I am sorry to hear that you are fatigued to the point that it is really affecting your routine. The only thing that I have ever done that helped my fatigue was regular exercise. There was a time where I was exercising for 1hr/5 days a week and for the first time in my life, I felt like I had energy and vitality. I have fallen off that wagon but I am glad that at least now I know something that works for me. I have tried four different antidepressants, I have had meds for my ADHD, I have eaten insanely healthy, I have done this and that therapy, etc, etc. The only thing that ever helped me was regular and consistent exercise. After about 4 months of exercising 5 hours a week, I felt like a different person. It was incredible.
RedwingedBlackBird is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote

Hugs from:
Alatea, jtaylor81194

Thanks for this!
Alatea