Member Since Jul 2017
9,930 hugs
given
PC PoohBah!
Default Oct 17, 2019 at 01:49 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by RedwingedBlackBird View Post
Hello Happy Crafter
Firstly, I am intrigued by your name, please share what you love to craft.

I have both amnesia and chronic fatigue.

Amnesia: I can only remember small fragments of my life before the age of 10. Everything is just lost to me. I can't even remember friends' names, kids I had gone to school and grown up with for several years. I remember nearly nothing. I can remember a lot after the age of 10 but even so, not nearly as much as others seem to. I have not tried to recover the lost memories and I don't know if I will ever be ready to try to work on them. I did EMDR for about 8 months and during that time a lot of stuff I had forgotten came up, all of them bad memories: traumas, and it was incredibly difficult. That was nearly 2 years ago and I am still processing the stuff that came to the surface. I am scared that whenever I enter a new healthy phase in my life, like rach a new step, my psyche feels safe enough to let some memories rise to the surface. This is really destructive and wreaks havoc on my mental and physical health. Then I process it, move on, and the whole cycle starts again. Still, I think the EMDR helped and I do not regret it.

Fatigue: I am tired every day, all the time. I am sorry to hear that you are fatigued to the point that it is really affecting your routine. The only thing that I have ever done that helped my fatigue was regular exercise. There was a time where I was exercising for 1hr/5 days a week and for the first time in my life, I felt like I had energy and vitality. I have fallen off that wagon but I am glad that at least now I know something that works for me. I have tried four different antidepressants, I have had meds for my ADHD, I have eaten insanely healthy, I have done this and that therapy, etc, etc. The only thing that ever helped me was regular and consistent exercise. After about 4 months of exercising 5 hours a week, I felt like a different person. It was incredible.
@RedwingedBlackBird

Thank you!! Here's the link to one of my photo albums here: https://psychcentralforums.com/album.php?albumid=5445

I hear you on the amnesia and the fatigue. We do our best to keep moving forward. I have little pieces flutter to the top from time to time, also. I think that as I move through my issues and work to reduce my stress, a little more is freed up. It surfaces as a neutral memory, thankfully.

I am glad to hear the exercising helped you so much. I am slowly losing weight and with that, it is a bit easier for me to get more done around my apartment. That brings me much joy!!!

"Love you.
Take care of you.

Be true to you.

You are the only you,
you will ever know the best.

Reach for YOUR stars.

You can reach them better
than anyone else ever can."

Landon Clary Eason
Grateful Sobriety Fangirl Since 11-16-2007

Happy Sober Crafter
happysobercrafter is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote