Veteran Member

Member Since Oct 2011
314 hugs
given
PC PoohBah!
Default Oct 19, 2019 at 07:42 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by lillib View Post

. This push on being a "singleton" post "integration" was also an issue with some. I tried my hardest, and I still do. I cannot seem to identify as anything other than "multiple." "Singleton" and "multiplicity" are terms that undermine my struggles and my DID, it seems. !
Whenever I see the term singleton it kinda makes me laugh.It's a silly word to me.Nobody is really a singleton,everyone wears different hats.My therapist explained it as in when he's at work he has on his therapist hat,with his wife his husband hat,grandpa hat with his grandkids, etc.

If you see yourself as multiple I think that's perfectly ok.Im not sure where that push is to be a singleton post integration,is that what you personally have experienced?

I don't think a person needs to or even should try their hardest to identify with something they feel they're not.If you feel you're not then you're just not and nobody else has the right to tell you to think or feel differently.

I reached complete integration and I no longer have the DID diagnosis.I no longer think or feel I am a person with DID or with a dissociative disorder.It was something I could never imagine happening or imagine what it would be like before it happened. What I think and feel about it all now are are based on my own personal experience and my own truth and reality.It's not wrong,it's just what is.And that's the same for everyone, it is what it is and no right or wrong.

I have been a member here for quite a few years.I don't really post that much,mainly because I know that although I can share some of my experiences the fact is it's just MY experiences and I don't ever want anyone to think or feel anything I say is how things should be for anyone else or that they are wrong in what they say or experience.

So if you identify in that way,that's your own personal experience and it's ok.
Betty_Banana is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote

Hugs from:
Anonymous42119

Thanks for this!
Amyjay