Disreputable Old Troll

Member Since Oct 2015
17.4k hugs
given
PC PoohBah!
Smile Oct 20, 2019 at 07:00 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by randomer123 View Post
Well I tried to act out the fetish on the obsession object I got, and it didn't really work. Very disappointing. It was nowhere near as exciting as I imagined it to be, it was better in the fantasies/daydreams. I was excited about it beforehand, couldn't stop thinking about it. That's why I just went ahead and did it.

I'm just disappointed, frustrated and confused! I don't understand why these things don't live up to my fantasies. I always think it should be better, actually doing it, but it seems the thought of doing it is more arousing.
Yes I believe that's true. The fantasy is almost always more arousing than the reality. At least from my perspective, that is one argument for acting out a fantasy as long as doing so won't be harmful to oneself or others. Once you actually act it out in real life it can, at least sometimes, take some of the air out of the fantasy so to speak. Suddenly it just becomes mundane... no big deal. That isn't always the case though. Sometimes (& I've had this experience myself) doing something you've fantasized about can feel something like an accomplishment & leave you yearning to move on to the next step. Why some things just leave you deflated while others leave you yearning to move on to the next stage is something I don't know.

Another thing that can happen is that acting out on an obsession or a fetish can take the wind out of your sails (so to speak) for a while. But, after a while, your desire for it builds again. It's possible, I would guess, this may happen with you. You tried acting out the fetish & ended up feeling disappointed, frustrated and confused. And that feeling may last for a while. But after a bit of time, you may find the urge to try it again re-building. You may also find yourself coming up with new ideas, new variations on what you're doing that will re-energize your enthusiasm for it. This can sometimes become sort-of a vicious circle. You act on your fantasy & it drains away your enthusiasm for it. But then after a while your enthusiasm grows again & perhaps you come up with some variation on what you're doing that adds a new sense of excitement to it. So you try that & doing so drains away your enthusiasm again until you come up with yet another new variation... and around-&-around it goes. This is the sort of thing that can lead people down some very dark pathways always chasing some new, & perhaps more exotic, variation on what they're doing. If you find yourself heading down that road, then it really is time to get some help (in my opinion.)

"I may be older but I am not wise / I'm still a child's grown-up disguise / and I never can tell you what you want to know / You will find out as you go." (from: "A Nightengale's Lullaby" - Julie Last)
Skeezyks is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote