Legendary

Member Since Sep 2019
40.2k hugs
given
PC PoohBah!
Default Oct 21, 2019 at 06:58 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Access Denied View Post
That is so true what you said, @bpcyclist I'd be up for a 12 hour shift, but one rarely ever left work until two hours later. Or even more if there was an emergency, I'd get to stay.

This morning I was only telling a friend in a pm that because of often long working hours, one never gets to make friends because of tiredness and overwork. Only unless I'm on vacation can I drink alcohol because I'm a driver and next day, will be using my vehicle. I've missed weddings, parties and even Christmas.

It shouldn't be that I often work minimum 60 hours a week, but realistically it can be 70 with barely Sunday off, worse if my colleagues are off sick. Often I get called out to an accident, mostly in the middle of the night, almost always the weather is pissing down, or a raging gale or both.

Sometimes I ask myself why I do this job, being a GP. The answer is always this: It's my calling to be a doctor.
Well, then, Access Denied, you are doing exactly what you are supposed to be doing.

Hugs from:
Anonymous42019, Anonymous42119

Thanks for this!
Anonymous42019