View Single Post
bpcyclist
Legendary

Member Since Sep 2019
40.2k hugs
given
PC PoohBah!
Default Oct 29, 2019 at 08:56 AM

The main problem I see here is escalation into something that ultimately gets you arrested. Then, you have a criminal record, perhaps due to something that may be difficult to explain to the average, conservative Japanese business person. That could make it potentially hard for you to find the job you want.

I've done a fair amount of business in Japan and spent a lot of time in and around Tokyo. I have Japanese friends. Don't want to get into it, but I can tell you for certain, some of the behavior you describe could result in extremely serious charges here in the United States. In fact, there was just a very high-profile case here of someone 15 years old who did one of the things you say you have done. He was prosecuted and convicted. He has to register as a sex offender for the rest of his life. Not a good situation.

So, be careful. You're young and in the heart of those years when it seems you are invincible. You aren't. So be careful.

Thanks for this!
mote.of.soul