View Single Post
randomer123
Grand Member

randomer123 has no updates.

5 yr Member
4 hugs
given
Default Oct 30, 2019 at 03:17 AM

I am very introverted and I know that daydreaming is important to us as it's our way (or one of our ways) of working things out, digesting things and coming up with solutions to problems. It does work most of the time because the daydreams are relevant and useful (or if they aren't then they are at least enjoyable). But the rest of them are just plain useless. I have a lot of fake conversations with people, both that I know and some made up, both offline and online. Most of these conversations are useful because they working on the problem or whatever, but some are talking about meaningless things that happened in the past.

Yes I find myself talking to people about random things from the past, things that have no meaning, things I wouldn't bother telling them about physically because they wouldn't care. I just remember stupid things and start having a conversation in my head. Obviously this is a waste of time and I find myself doing it while I'm doing other things This means I usually do it wrong and make a mess of things.

I need to find a way of stopping those types of daydreams, and the only way to do that seems to be with mindfulness. I need to notice when a daydream starts and decide whether it's useful or useless. If it's useless then stop it, if it's useful then decide if I can be doing it right now or if I should pause until I'm finished doing something. If I'm likely to forget then write it down. During the evenings I'm tired and don't have the energy to do things so that would be the perfect time to daydream. I had this thought yesterday afternoon and for the following hour I was mindful but then slipped back to old ways. So the problem is noticing before it's too late. This morning while I was getting ready I made a huge mess of something because I was having a useless daydream. This made the task take longer.

I'm hoping by writing this out it will act as a prompt, maybe get it into my brain better. I really must start being mindful and organised. Save the useful/fun daydreams for a more appropriate time and completely "delete" the useless ones. This is something I'll be working on now, probably a main priority since it will make other things easier.

I need to make it a habit. I will come back to this thread tomorrow or Friday to keep track of how it's going. And then I'll have to work on the other thoughts that aren't really daydreams, and the songs that get stuck in my head. I just need to get my mind organised, that way it works better, I know this because I feel much better and less stressed when I can just concentrate on a task and postpone any daydreams until later.
randomer123 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote

Hugs from:
lightly toasted, Mendingmysoul, Skeezyks