View Single Post
Lilly2
Account Suspended

Member Since Oct 2019
3,785 hugs
given
Lightbulb Nov 04, 2019 at 12:57 PM

I was the OP of this thread, but I left and came back, so now I'm Lilly2. Anyway, I don't know if CFS is treatment-resistant, but I do know that I was misdiagnosed with MDD years ago, since the VA determined that I wasn't depressed but rather chronically fatigued. They connected my CFS to MST PTSD, so they are still treating it as a somatoform disorder, or something in my head, as opposed to something related to some illness that never healed correctly. They don't use ME to describe CFS at all, and for all intents and purposes, their treatments comprise the graded-exercise thing, which I haven't done yet. I was too tired to even do that. And their requests to fill out daily forms for every single thing that I do throughout the day coupled with every feeling that I have coupled with a bunch of rating scales that differ on each of the 5 or so forms was overwhelming. That alone stressed me out!!!!

My PEM is real!!!

But, I am depressed from having CFS (not the other way around). If I wasn't so fatigued, I'd love to do a bunch of things, and I could engage in therapy without having to take time off for PEM from therapy.

Maybe, just maybe, some people with TRD actually have been misdiagnosed; maybe they have CFS, like I do. Or, maybe, just maybe, CFS isn't a psychological disorder (e.g., somatoform), but rather a biological one. Maybe TRD is too.
Lilly2 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote