View Single Post
*Beth*
catches the flowers

Member Since Jul 2019
23.7k hugs
given
PC PoohBah!
Default Nov 05, 2019 at 09:23 PM

So I took the plunge and did the sleep study last night. The tech was anything but friendly...a seriously zero personality man. Besides him, things went smoothly and surprisingly well. I watched a video about the purpose of a sleep study while he hooked me up to what seemed to be 1,000 electrodes with 2,000 mile-long wires attached. Fortunately, I had no burning or itching from the pasty-gluey stuff.

Peeing was, frankly, my biggest concern. I kept thinking what if it's one of those nights when I have to get up and pee three times? This guy is going to be sooo annoyed.

When I got into the bed it was rock-hard. The tech handed a remote-looking device to me and told me it was a sleep number bed. So I made the bed softer, thinking Why would someone buy a bed they have to make softer or harder...why not just buy the kind of bed you prefer in the first place?

The room was completely dark (by my choice; I could have had a night light). I had a difficult time falling asleep; after about 20 minutes I started thinking I wouldn't be able to follow through with the study.

Next thing I knew I awoke. My first thought was Uh-oh. I'm totally wide awake and it's the middle of the night. What am I going to do if I can't fall back to sleep? Well, first I have to pee. So I buzzed the tech. He came in and said, "I'm going to remove your wires. You can go home, it's 6:00."

I actually slept from 11 to 6! Weird. I sure was glad to leave and come home, though.

Turned out that the most difficult aspect of the sleep study was finding the clinic. The directions/diagram in the brochure was absurdly off. Luckily, I had left home early. The only other part of the whole deal that I found mildly irritating was the plastic thing in my nose. I've always thought I wanted a septum ring...uh, nope. Maybe not.

Anyway, I won't get my results until January 14th.

*Beth* is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote

Hugs from:
Lilly2

Thanks for this!
~Christina