Grand Poohbah

Member Since May 2019
6,984 hugs
given
PC PoohBah!
Default Nov 06, 2019 at 02:55 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mountaindewed View Post
I’m kind of stressed about my therapy appointment today. I wish I hadn’t told her stuff.
When I went to therapy yesterday and brought up the subject of holding information back, my therapist replied, "You know what that is all about, that is you judging yourself." A therapist job is not to be judgmental and the good therapists aren't. Your wish that you hadn't told your T some stuff could be about you judging yourself harshly (or it could be a traumatic situation)--either way, they can't help us as much if we don't feel free to tell them everything. Think about why you wish you hadn't told her. If you are embarrassed--perhaps you need to feel more acceptance of yourself. Sometimes I get embarrassed about me just being me but maybe those little things that I get embarrassed about are the things that make me unique and approachable. I am working on accepting and feeling at ease with myself. I don't know if any of this is why you wish you hadn't told you T some things but I am just putting it out there in case any of it applies to you.

Thanks for this!
mote.of.soul, Mountaindewed