Legendary Wise Elder

Member Since Jan 2015
95k hugs
given
PC PoohBah!
Default Nov 06, 2019 at 11:04 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Singer47 View Post
Jennifer, I'm on my way out as you know. My depression has lifted and I have found a good way to cope with the doctors order about resting more daily. My home looks good, and by small adjustments it is easy to do ordinary homework continually. I have a room where I have put all «things» that I need to sort out what to do with them. I can do that when I feel energized and have the time. My social life is OK, I exercise regularly and enjoy much in my life, included my studies. My meals are healthy for the most of the time. So this thread does not have any relevance for me anymore. I manage to do regularly what I came here to re-learn, and, as already said before, I have had a good time here.

The end, however, was not good because what happened between you and me. It was totally unexpected. I felt it as if I got a slap in my face when I read that you accused me for having hurt you deeply. For the first it was never in my mind to hurt you. For the next it is not considered good tact and tone where I live to say so to one's friends. One can say: «I don't like your suggestion, I disagree with you, What you are saying is not for me ...» and so on. If one is to tell anybody about hurt feelings, that is more likely to happen in a marriage when one tries to better the relationship (for both), or in a family where the members try to make a better climate inside the family together.

If you didn't appreciate my inputs to help, you could have told me so. I would have respected that and stopped posting links, more ore less wise words and so on ... You have given me the impression that you liked my inputs, so of course I wanted to help if I could. May be you never thought about that we didn't live in the same culture (my posts was never posted in American time)?

Not to try to impress, but I want to post some results from a lecture I attended once. It is about what gives the interpreter most meaning: Words 7%, Intonation 38% and body language 55%, TOTAL 100%. If this is still correct (I don't know about other studies saying otherwise), here in the forums we lack 93% of the cues that people normally use to interpret messages in the real world. Something to think about ...

I will leave PC when I have finished answering the thread about conflict solving without losers.

People can have different opinions about if the best is to leave or stay when the depression doesn't have a claw around one anymore. For me to leave is the best. I meet people with different problems at work, so for me it is best to rest from problems in my leisure time to not be overwhelmed.

If you want to clear up between us before I leave, the time is now!

(I am sorry that I have to post this here. This should never have been a topic for all to read, but here it happened and if it shall be a better solution, eventually, then the one that was, it has to be here).

Kind regards
I agree that it would be best to resolve this before you leave.

I am happy for you that your depression has lifted and that things are going so well. I sincerely hope that things continue in this vein and that you avoid SAD altogether.

I have appreciated your friendship and support and valued your input. I understand that your intention was not to hurt me and yet I felt attacked. Should we agree to disagree? How would you like to resolve this?

I wish you the very best in your journey moving forward. Kind regards
Sunflower123 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote

Hugs from:
Deilla