Thread: Mom’s Anxiety
View Single Post
Gracious1987

Member Since Nov 2019
Default Nov 08, 2019 at 09:16 AM

Hello,

I am reaching out today, because I am at the end of my rope, as well as with others in my family. I will give you a brief background story.

My mother is 66 years old and has been dealing with anxiety issues now for the past 6 months, however it may have started earlier.

In March of 2018, she found out that she would be a grandmother for the first time by way of my brother’s girlfriend, who she hates. In October of 2018, her mother (my grandmother) suffered a major heart attack and almost passed away. Her mother was in and out of the hospital and rehab facilities for roughly 6 months with my mom helping with the majority of items needed for her. In the spring of 2019, my brother (father of her new grandchild) suffered a panic attack and was admitted to the hospital that her ex-girlfriend works at and was coincidentally his nurse. My mom shows up and they almost got into a fist fight.

Not long after that, she started getting symptoms of anxiety. She is getting nervous all of the time, hot and cold flashes, cannot sleep, feels like her stomach is upset, crying a lot, asking weird questions about whether she was a good mother to us or not. She has been to the emergency room numerous times for symptoms and her PCP numerous times. They thought it could have been a thyroid issue, however tests came back negative. There is an appointment scheduled with a neurologist in December.

She has been prescribed to Xanax and Citalopram to my knowledge, which hasn’t helped. She is currently on Adavan, which is helping, but the PCP doesn’t want her to stay on it as she may become addicted to it.

Everyday is a struggle as she is still crying, constantly nervous, has stomach aches, and can’t sleep. Me and my dad are the only two trying to help at the moment and we are getting frustrated, because she was never like this ever. Any help anyone can give is much appreciated. Thank you!
Gracious1987 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote

Hugs from:
Lilly2