Member Since Jun 2012
1,429 hugs
given
PC PoohBah!
Default Nov 08, 2019 at 09:22 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by DSM-3.1415926 View Post
. . .

I've been so obsessed with accepting myself as I am that I haven't lifted a hangnail to better myself in sixty years -- physically, mentally, morally, emotionally, spiritually, financially, aesthetically, or sexually. Self-improvement is what it means to be human, as we are the only creatures who can choose better than to blindly follow the so-called "dictates" of nature. If I haven't the wherewithal to better myself, I am a fake human and belong not in apartment and office, but ZOO AND CIRCUS.

I'd be grateful to be disagreed with, assuming I so deserve.

Thanks -- DSM-3.1415926
So sorry you're having these difficulties. They sound like pretty real difficulties, not fake. So probably you're not fake, either, though you may fake it sometimes as the best way you know to get through the days?

What would it mean to you, now, try to better yourself? The American dream you described -- that's a mirage and ideal for many of us, something to shoot for, maybe, but then if/when we are disappointed that we didn't achieve what we wanted, that's something else to deal with.

Nevertheless, something to shoot for, to improve your life and yourself? What would you start with?
here today is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote

Hugs from:
Lilly2

Thanks for this!
DSM-3.1415926, Nowlosingsanity