View Single Post
s4ndm4n2006
Magnate

Member Since Jul 2014
183 hugs
given
PC PoohBah!
Default Nov 08, 2019 at 03:30 PM

Everyone has motives for their behaviors and some of them are completely on the side of the other person. If the so called support is at all to get something out of it, it is manipulative. Support, whether emotional or otherwise is only truly support if it's about you. In other words if you're crying they come to you to make you feel better because they want you to feel better or know you're there. Any other reason for giving anything in a relationship is a kind of manipulation.

Granted not all manipulation is bad, we all do it to an extent to get what we want in life and with people we know and care about. it really needs to be taken into context of the situation. If I only will "cuddle, hug" or otherwise be physically supportive of my SO so that [insert reason here] happens then it's not support it's feigned support and a manipulation.

I'd be wary of anyone that upfront says that they expect support for anything. because that to me says it's someone that thinks in terms of conditions also and what can I give to them. Idk about the rest of you but for me going into a relationship early on I don't think about such things. I never go into a relationship at all wondering what she can give me in terms of emotional support at all. I wonder if she'll like the same things as I, music, entertainment and what values she has and if they match. I just dont' think a relationship based on the amount of "support" given or expected is a strong basis.
s4ndm4n2006 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote

Hugs from:
Lilly2

Thanks for this!
Lilly2