Sunflower123 has no updates.

8 yr Member
95k hugs
given
PC PoohBah!
Default Nov 08, 2019 at 04:40 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BirdDancer View Post
I got more good news from my sister. Though Dad may not be going directly to an alcohol rehab (he was rejected for medical reasons), he has agreed to temporarily stay in an assisted living place. He was also connected with an AA member from his town, who will be there for him even before his return, and upon his return. He needs THAT kind of friend, not the other so-called types.

I told my sister that we have to clear some clutter in his house. Sis says she'll work on Dad's paperwork. We NEED my brother to clear his crap out of the dining room. I'll work a bit on cleaning things like the inside of his refrigerator, microwave, and things like that that a cleaning person wouldn't touch. I told my sister and brother that if my father continues to be serious about recovery, I will pay for a deep super cleaning of his house by professional house cleaners. I will also pay for a professional outfit to come and super clean all of his rugs. I told my sister that the house must look different when Dad eventually goes home. I want to go to a place like Marshall's and buy some inexpensive things that will help make a difference, like new place mats, new bathroom stuff, a new blanket for the sofa, and the like. I will even create a beautiful flower arrangement for his dining room table, and make some goodies for his eventual return home. I'd like my siblings to help pay for the Marshall's type stuff. I want my brother, who lives with my Dad, to make more of an effort not to clutter things. Ideally, I'd like my brother to clean up some of the junk that's in my dad's backyard. It's starting to look like Sanford & Son's junkyard.

The social worker said that my father has agreed not to drive for a while after he returns home. He won't renew his lease on his Mercedes. That still leaves him with the truck, but I told my sister we should ask to hold his keys for him. He has another car that's on stilts (or whatever). I think my brother should finally do something with it, or get rid of it, with Dad's permission.

My brother is a large part of the problem in terms of mess. My sister and I need to figure out how best to work with him. By the way, I don't intend to pay the cleaning people to clean my brother's room. If he wants that, he needs to chip in a little money on it. I doubt it!

I am being a bit aggressive about the cleanliness of my father's house. I have the cleanest house in my immediate family. Before my brother moved in with my father, and my father became ill, Dad's house wasn't that bad at all.
That’s wonderful that he agreed to assisted living on a temporary basis. You have some great ideas for his home. I hope everything works out.

Hugs from:
Anonymous41462, Anonymous46341, bizi

Thanks for this!
bizi, ~Christina