Thread: Need ECT info
View Single Post
Bird Feeder

Member Since Oct 2009
14 hugs
given
Default Nov 08, 2019 at 05:21 PM

I have been having ECT every 2 weeks since 2015 and it has helped immensely. I have very strong suicidal thoughts and the ECT puts a pause in the loop tape that plays in my head. I firmly believe that I would be dead without it.

I get the treatments between 7:30 and 8:30 in the morning and am discharged about 45 mins after it is done. I go to work right after the treatments. I am lucky that I do not have any side affects. I did have a headache after the first treatment but am given toroidal (a pain reliever) now before the treatment. It works great.

Before the treatment they start an IV and hook you up to a EKG machine. For the treatment they put 3 electrodes on the middle of your forehead, behind your ear and on the top of your shoulder. Then the Dr gives you a muscle relaxer, oxygen and medication to put you into a short sleep. You do not feel anything. The treatment is given and you wake up shortly afterwards. The whole procedure takes about 10-15 minutes tops. Once awake they offer you something to drink & eat (you have to fast before the treatment:-(.)

All in all it is a pretty fast process with good to great responses. If you have any other questions please feel free to ask. Good luck and I hope it works for you.
Bird Feeder is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote