View Single Post
lady411

lady411 has no updates.

5 yr Member
2 hugs
given
Default Nov 15, 2019 at 01:11 AM

I knocked on the restroom door to tell him my stepdaughter (SR) wasn’t listening to me about going to bed. But as soon as his 10yo daughter (SR) hears him yell back “what the ****!” She runs for the hills and goes to her room. Unfortunately our 2yo and 10 month old cannot avoid the yelling.

It started off as a very pleasant family night. We had dinner. Kids got ready for bed. I did the usual nightly prayer with my 9yo daughter. My husband told SR she could eat in her room (favoritism) while he went to the restroom which is a no no for me so I told her I’d accompany her in the kitchen so she could finish eating there. Afterwards she didn’t want to go back to bed. So when I went to tell him he just let loose his anger and frustration out on me. Yelling his usual obscenities. I don’t coward and cry about his verbal abuse anymore. I either respond with the same intensity (if the kids aren’t around, which is rare) OR I try to remain calm and respond with firmness in what I believe in.

About 13 months ago we had what I might say one of the worst fights and in all the aftermath I made a decision that I would not be a victim (even tho at times I still feel like one). Since then I might go as far as to say that our “marriage” relationship has improved. But I can’t help to think that the fire in this steaming pot was only lowered so as to not boil over. Without therapy, if things remain the same I fear that it’s only a matter of time before the lid flies off and all hell breaks loose.
lady411 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote

Hugs from:
Buffy01, Fuzzybear

Thanks for this!
Buffy01