Thread: A Challenge
View Single Post
Anonymous328112

Default Nov 16, 2019 at 06:11 PM

I challenge myself everyday to journal about my feelings/experiences and life in general, but due to the lack of change in my day-to-day, I’m doing a month of prompts to get some perspective on my life. I enjoy it, but I noticed in my prompts there are a lot of mantra-esque questions, “When is the last time you said to yourself “I am enough”/”I love you?”/”I am worth it” etc. It’s at curious timing because my therapist has asked me to create a short, simple mantra to say especially on days I feel low. He suggests every time you walk through a doorway to say it silently to yourself. It should be something based in a truth that you believe if that is possible, or if not, something to aspire to. It sounds silly at first but if you really commit to doing it (taking a few moments to say it, and reflect on it) it, I think it can be beneficial. For me, has kind of opened me up to a different paradigm.

For example – my mantra right now is simply this “I deserve forgiveness”. This statement is directed at myself, since I am the only one who still holds certain past mistakes against me. To be fair, I didn’t believe the statement at heart. However, since I’ve been using the mantra, I’m coming more to terms with why I am still punishing myself and in what ways I’ve already paid for my past mistakes. Also I am working on ways I can make it up to myself, and perhaps learn to believe that I deserve to find happiness (the most important thing here are ways I can make up for my mistakes to myself – by doing my best to not make the same mistakes again, for one).

So, my question in all of this, if you are willing to share, is what would your mantra be for right now? It can be any simple affirmation (e.g. “I am a good person”) or aspiration (e.g. “I will be a better person”). I’m curious to hear what you all say! If you are not comfortable sharing, that is OK! I still would challenge you to try it out for a little while. It may make a difference.

(and thanks in advance to everyone who contributes!)
  Reply With QuoteReply With Quote

Hugs from:
MickeyCheeky, unaluna

Thanks for this!
MickeyCheeky, Sometimes psychotic, unaluna