View Single Post
fern46
Grand Magnate

Member Since Mar 2019
4,300 hugs
given
PC PoohBah!
Default Nov 16, 2019 at 07:01 PM

Mantras help us to set new thought patterns. I find them incredibly helpful. I use 'I am whole and complete' a lot.

I understand the guilt and shame that can plague you after past mistakes. I have been completely humbled after some incredibly terrible behavior on my part while manic and psychotic last year. My instinct was to punish myself, but I realized it was a terrible strategy. My time and energy was better served by me working to improve myself and setting new intentions for how to behave if a similar situation ever presented itself.

My therapist told me yesterday that forgiveness comes when we relinquish our desire for retaliation. My brother told me this week that forgiveness comes when you remove the control a situation has over you. Both of these statements resonate with me. You'll find greater peace when you stop hurting yourself and take back control of your actions.

I think your therapist has made a great suggestion of how to begin. Shifting your beliefs is an important first step. I hope this continues to serve you well.
fern46 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote

Hugs from:
Anonymous328112