View Single Post
whimsicalman

Member Since Jul 2018
105 hugs
given
Default Nov 26, 2019 at 02:41 PM

Old thread that I am going to resurrect. I thought about posting my own thread, but it kind of goes along these lines, anyway.

I have no issue posting on threads, in general, but I usually get hesitant about posing in "mens" forums (unless they are gay ones) because of my sexuality. I often get concerned that being a gay man is somehow perceived differently from being a "man," in general. I don't feel that way, myself, but I have seen or experienced enough homophobia or weirdness from others that my automatic assumption is that I will be seen as less-than in male forums because I am gay, or that my issues as a man are different because I am a gay man. And then when all the other men are talking about their issues with being men dealing with women, then how do I compare sharing my issues dealing with men, especially if the issues I am dealing with are about my sense of masculinity in the face of gay men or some other thing not about my gay interactions. And then, what about sex? My sexual issues may be very shared experiences (e.g. performance anxiety, physical issues, etc) but then how are opther guys going to feel about my sharing, even if the basic issues are the same, but the other body I am with happens to be male?

So, yeah, I tend to get wary about sharing in mens forums, but not because I am a man with issues sharing but because I am a gay man who is afraid of how I will be perceived, (mis)treated, shut down, or ignored. I think the only reason I even posted here is that Skeezyks did and was open about sharing about their gender dysmorphia (which, while totally different from my being gay, still touches on my sense of otherness).
whimsicalman is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote