View Single Post
randomer123
Grand Member

randomer123 has no updates.

5 yr Member
4 hugs
given
Default Nov 28, 2019 at 03:48 AM

So now I've finally got rid of the obsession problem, and don't have an obsession anymore. This is what I wanted, and it is great being free from these obsessions after about 20 years, but I'm still not free from the mindless daydreams.

Now that there's no obsession objects to daydream about, my mind (and ego) daydreams even more fake conversations instead. I don't need to be thinking/daydreaming about anything! Now I have been doing well at stopping most fake conversation daydreams, but some of them still go on too long. I am still too mindless and making mistakes, then realising it was because I was daydreaming some stupid conversation.

Having said that, my mind does feel a lot clearer than it was before I started doing this. I do feel like I can concentrate better most of the time, and focus on what I'm doing with a clear mind. Now I just need to be able to get rid of what's left. I want to get better control over the mind/ego and stop this rubbish as soon as it starts, and keep the "fun" daydreams for later when I have time, and not supposed to be doing anything else.

Sometimes, I haven't been able to stop them quick enough. So I still have a lot of work to do there. But I have definitely made progress, I do feel better about it, especially when I have been able to stop them quickly.

Sometimes I've had those zen feelings you get when you are really absorbed in something you really enjoy, and forget everything else. It feels great and I try to hold on to it as long as possible when it happens, but I want it to happen more often. And what better way to do that, then to do more of the things I enjoy! I really need to make time for my hobbies, there's only really two of them (reading and drawing). These are usually treated like afterthoughts, something to do after all the housework is done. But housework is never done, so these things get ignored. Now wonder I am often so stressed! I need downtime.

I need to get more organised and fit these hobbies in. I know that when I am reading, my mind is focused on the book, and I'm enjoying it. This not only lifts my mood, but also leaves no room for daydreams. The same with drawing, if I'm concentrating on what I'm drawing, I'm not daydreaming. Enjoying these things makes it so much easier. I obviously don't enjoy all the housework so it's harder to concentrate on it, and I end up daydreaming, because it is boring.

I want that zen feeling to come naturally, more often. I know I will feel much better, because I have felt like that in the past. I just want to get back to that. And I don't need to go back in time to do that. I can do it now by changing my mindset, getting organised and making more balance between work and play. So that is what I need to be doing now.
  • Stop all useless daydreams (mostly fake conversations) before they go to far
  • Get organised with the housework, get up earlier if need be
  • Make more time for reading
  • Make more time for drawing
randomer123 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote

Hugs from:
Skeezyks

Thanks for this!
cluelessgal, Mendingmysoul